Every business uses audiovisual systems whether you know it or not. These systems can range from video conference rooms, digital signage, complex all-hands presentation spaces with control systems, or simple video displays. In the event that your company is adding a new building, remodeling a meeting space, or changing offices entirely, your audiovisual needs can become complex. This is where AV integrators come into play. What exactly does an AV integrator do, and how do you know if you need one?
What does an AV integrator do?
The role of an AV integrator can change from project to project, but the main responsibility is to oversee the needs analysis, design, installation, and management of your AV systems. This means that in the design phase, AV systems are planned for maximum end-user benefit and efficiency while keeping budget and costs in mind.
Once systems are installed, AV integrators will continue to monitor the solutions while maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing when necessary. This is extremely important so that day-to-day operations run smoothly and aren’t affected by AV issues along the way.
How do I know if I need an AV integrator?
Installing a single display is something than any IT manager or office admin can probably do, but when AV systems become more complex, especially when they’re interacting with other systems, it is time to bring in an AV integrator.
Below is a checklist of signs that you should bring in an AV integrator:
- Your AV solution is more complex than a single display
- Your end users are not sure what role AV will play in the room and need help defining project scope
- Your AV system needs to interact with other systems
- Your project is of large scope and your IT department can’t handle the job
- You want to get the best ROI for your AV solutions
One major thing to keep in mind is that bringing in an AV integrator early on ALWAYS results in a smoother project. This means that timelines are decreased, budgets are kept consistent, change orders are minimized, and overall AV headaches eliminated.
What to look for in an AV integrator
When it comes to choosing an AV integrator, there’s many options to choose from. Here are some key factors that you should keep in mind when deciding on the best option for your company’s project:
- Customized solutions: Don’t settle for an AV company that sells boxed solutions that you are required to go and install. Make sure the AV integrator works hand-in-hand with your team to understand your exact needs and expectations.
- Customer Service: No one enjoys working on a project with a team that is tough to communicate with. Make sure the AV integration company you choose has your needs at the forefront of their priorities.
- Design-build solutions: Many AV integrators only do the installation portion of the projects. This means that they expect your needs to be clearly defined and the design work to be done for them. Finding an AV integrator that specializes in defining the project scope with a detailed needs analysis then owns the project delivery through install and support will be extremely helpful for your company.
- Technology: It’s important that the AV integrator you choose is offering the latest in technology and the products they specify are up-to-date and of high quality. Often their websites will display if they are partners of some of the industry leading manufacturers and can integrate with platforms like Microsoft TEAMS rooms and ZOOM video rooms.
- Experience: Don’t settle for a company that’s only completed a few small and simple jobs. Look for a company that has an extensive project portfolio of complex projects and systems with IT Networking involved.
- On-going monitoring: Some AV integrators cut off communications with you once the project is installed. Modern AV systems are complex and leverage IT concepts. Having your AV Integrator work with you to make sure that all technical support and services are handled in time gives you the assurance that when something isn’t working, it can be back online and ready to go within minutes.
Contact Fluid Sound to learn more
Fluid Sound is proud to check all of the boxes above. We’re looking forward to helping fulfill the needs and expectations of your company’s next AV project. View our project portfolio and learn more about how we can help make your vision a reality.